Certified Full-Time and Part-Time Police Officers
The Village of Divernon Police Dept is accepting applications for a Certified FT and PT Officers.
- Must be a Certified Full or Part-time Police Officer in the State of IL
- Must be 21 years of age
- Pass a background check, including fingerprints and drug screening
- Have a high school diploma
- Possess a valid driver’s license
The applicant should have computer, communication, problem-solving, and multi-tasking skills. The candidates will be honest, ethical, fair and willing to assist all citizens as well as enforce state, federal and municipal laws.
Full-Time Public Works Position
Job Duties: * Installation, maintenance and repair of gas, water & sewer utilities * Repair & maintenance on streets, alleys and ditches… * Locate underground utilities through JULIE system * General maintenance on equipment * Read meters
Job Requirements: * Live within twenty (20) miles of Divernon * Natural Gas Operator Certification (IF NOT CERTIFIED you will be required to become Certified within the six (6) month probation period) * CDL or will need to obtain one * Heavy equipment knowledge and experience (Skidsteer, backhoe, Trencher, etc) * Read and follow maps * High school diploma or equivalent * Applicant will be required to take a drug test
Job Type: Full Time. Pay based on experience. Benefits Include IMRF Retirement; Health, Dental and Vision Insurance; Vacation and Paid Holidays.
Applications can be submitted to the Village of Divernon, 50 E Brown St, Divernon, IL 62530, fax: 217-628-3076 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Part-Time Office Help
This person would fill-in for the Office Manager as needed.
- Answering phones and relaying messages
- Using Word and Excel processing
- Assisting customers as needed
- Collecting and recording customer payments
- Making bank deposits
- Overseeing petty cash
- Sorting and distributing mail
- Coding invoices
- Other duties as needed
- High School Diploma
- Knowledge of Word and Excel
- Experience with standard office equipment, including personal computers and basic PC programs, telephone systems, fax machines and photocopiers