To see other community events happening in Divernon, go to the Community tab above and click on Calendar of Events
The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) is available NOW!
The Sangamon County Community Resources Office (SCCR) is operating the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) beginning October 1, 2019, for income-eligible households. The LIHEAP is designed to assist low-income households with winter energy services. A one-time benefit is provided to eligible households to be used for energy bills.
There are two ways to apply, either on-site at the SCCR office or mail the completed the application, found on this website, to SCCR.
On-site: Beginning October 1, priority appointments for seniors and people with disabilities can be made over the phone (217/535-3120) Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. In November the aforementioned groups as well as disconnected households and households with children under 6 years may call for appointments. Beginning in December, any income-eligible household may call for an appointment for services.
Mail-in: The LIHEAP application, found on this website, can be printed and completed. The same timeframe for making application as noted above still applies. Complete all the necessary forms, attach copies of the required documents identified below, and mail to:
Sangamon County Community Resources
2833 S. Grand Ave
Springfield, IL 62703
If you choose to mail the application, do not call for an appointment.
A household is defined as everyone living in the same house or apartment whether related or not.
- Proof of household income from the last 30-days – copy of bank statement or pay stubs for last 30-days, copy of annual Social Security letter
- Copy of gas and electric bills (last 30 days). Bill should be in applicants name.
- Copy of disconnect notices, if applicable
- Copy of Social security cards for everyone in the household
- If a child in the home is receiving SSI, a copy of benefit information for the past 30-days